Or you can play it here:
In the audio interview Ellen answers these important terrace gardening questions:
1) What sort of water requirements does terrace gardening require that are different than other residential gardens?
2) Do terrace gardens have any particular pests that plague them?
3) What are some of your favorite terrace gardens that you have worked on?
4) What media/soil do you recommend.
5) Any favorite flowers you like to grow on a terrace?
Here's a blurb from the NY Botanical Garden about the classes and a link to SIGNUP to Ellens classes
Currently we are promoting Summer Intensive Certificate programs in those three areas. These concentrated sessions – beginning July 8th -- allow students to complete up to half of all NYBG certification requirements in just two weeks for Gardening…and just five weeks for Floral and Landscape Design!
We think any current or aspiring gardeners and designers would be interested in this opportunity to fast track their professional development.
We will be doing a ticket giveaway to the NYBG for Metropolitan Gardening readers - stay tuned!
You can learn more about the Garden’s summer intensives here: http://www.nybg.org/adulted/